Assistant professor Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS. 2012-Present
Ph. D/ Industrial Catalysis Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS. 2012
Joint-Ph.D/ Inorganic Chemistry Fritz Haber Institute, Max-Plank Society. 2011
B.E./ Applied Chemistry Dalian University of Technology. 2006
☆ Synthesis, characterization, and performance of modified nanocarbons
Nanocarbons are new generated functional materials with great potential in energy storage, separation and heterogeneous catalysis. In our research, nonmetal elements were employed to modify the intrinsic chemistry of nanocarbons and the obtained modified materials exhibited outstanding performance in supercapacitor, CO oxidation, biomass conversion and enzyme separation.
☆ Tungsten-based catalyst design for the selective hydrogenolysis of glycerol into 1,3-propanediol
Tungsten-based catalysts bear specific properties in the biomass conversion. On one hand, its carbide exhibits precious metal behaviors in the hydrogen-related reactions; on the other hand, its oxide provides unique complexation with the biomass substance in aqueous reaction system. We developed different W-based catalysts to improve the selectivity of 1,3-propanediol in the hydrogenolysis of glycerol.
1. Xiaochen Zhao, Aiqin Wang, Jingwang Yan, Lixian Sun, Gongquan Sun and Tao Zhang*. Synthesis and electrochemical performance of heteroatom incorporated ordered mesoporous carbon. Chem. Mater., 2010, 22: 5463–5473.
2. Xiaochen Zhao, Qiang Zhang, Bingsen Zhang, Chengmeng Chen, Aiqin Wang, Dangsheng Su* and Tao Zhang*. Dual-Heteroatom Modified Ordered Mesoporous Carbon: Hydrothermal Doping, Chemical Structure and Its Application in Supercapacitor. J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22: 4963–4969.
3. Xiaochen Zhao, Qiang Zhang, Chengmeng Chen, Bingsen Zhang, Sylvia Reiche, Aiqin Wang, Tao Zhang*, Robert Schlögl and Dangsheng Su*. Aromatic Sulfide, Sulfoxide and Sulfone Mediated Mesoporous Carbon Monolith for Use in Supercapacitor. Nano Energy, 2012.1: 624-630.
4. Xiaochen Zhao, Qiang Zhang, Bingsen Zhang, Cheng-Meng Chen, Jinming Xu, Aiqin Wang, Dang Sheng Su* and Tao Zhang*. Decorated resol derived mesoporous carbon: highlyordered microstructure, rich boron incorporation, and excellent electrochemical capacitance. RSC Advances, 2013, 3: 3578-3584.
5. Xiaochen Zhao, Yanqiang Huang, Wansheng Zhang, Aiqin Wang, Tao Zhang*. Excellent performance for preferential CO oxidition over porous carbon supported IrFe catalysts. J. Nanosci. Nanotechno., 2014, doi:10.1166/jnn.2014.8945.
6. Xiaochen Zhao, Jia Wang, Chengmeng Chen, Yanqiang Huang, Aiqin Wang, * Tao Zhang*. Graphene
oxide for cellulose hydrolysis: How it works as a highly active catalyst? Chem.Comm., 2014, doi: 10.1039/c3cc49634a.
7. Yanhua Zhang, Xiao-Chen Zhao, Yao Wan, Likun Zhou, Junying Zhang, Jia Wang, Aiqin Wang and Tao Zhang*. Mesoporous Ti–W oxide: synthesis, characterization, and performance in selective hydrogenolysis of glycerol. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2013, 1: 3724-3732.
8. Cheng-Meng Chen, Qiang Zhang, Xiao-Chen Zhao, Bingsen Zhang, Qing-Qiang Kong, Mang-Guo Yang, Quan-Hong Yang, Mao-Zhang Wang, Yong-Gang Yang, Robert Schlögl and Dang Sheng Su*, Hierarchically aminated graphene honeycombs for electrochemical capacitive energy storage. J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 14076-14084.
9. Cheng-Meng Chen, Qiang Zhang, Chun-Hsien Huang, Xiao-Chen Zhao, Bing-Sen Zhang, Qing-Qiang Kong, Mao-Zhang Wang, Yong-Gang Yang, Rong Cai and Dang Sheng Su*. Macroporous ‘bubble’ graphene film via template-directed ordered-assembly for high rate supercapacitors, Chem. Commun., 2012,48, 7149-7151.
10. Cheng-Meng Chen, Qiang Zhang, Jia-Qi Huang, Wei Zhang, Xiao-Chen Zhao, Chun-Hsien Huang, Fei Wei, Yong-Gang Yang, Mao-Zhang Wang and Dang Sheng Su*. Chemically derived graphene–metal oxide hybrids as electrodes for electrochemical energy storage: pre-graphenization or post-graphenization? J. Mater. Chem., 2012,22, 3947-13955.
11. Granted Patent：Xiaochen Zhao, Aiqin Wang, Tao Zhang. ZL 200910187242.5
12. Applied Patent：Tao Zhang，Xiaochen Zhao, Aiqin Wang. 201110431391.9