1999-2003, Dalian University of Technology, Environmental Engineering; Bachelor's Degree.
2003-2009, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Industrial Catalysis; PhD.
2009-2012, National Taiwan University, Chemistry Department, Postdoctoral research fellow.
2012-present, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Associated Professor.
☆ Synthesis of supported precious metal catalysts
Develop new method to prepare highly dispersed precious metals; explore the new applications of these catalytic systems and investigate their catalytic mechanisms.
☆ Application of X-ray absorption spectroscopy
Design new in-situ cell for the characterization of catalysts by in situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy and provide a powerful way to get new insight into the catalytic mechanisms.
Selection of recent publications:
1. Yuan Tan, Xiao Yan Liu*, Leilei Zhang, Aiqin Wang, Lin Li, Xiaoli Pan, Shu Miao, Masatake Haruta, Haisheng Wei, Hua Wang, Fangjun Wang, Xiaodong Wang, and Tao Zhang*, ZnAl-Hydrotalcite-Supported Au25 Nanoclusters as Precatalysts for Chemoselective Hydrogenation of 3-Nitrostyrene, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 129 (2017) 2753-2757.
2. Guang Xian Pei, Xiao Yan Liu*, Xiaofeng Yang, Leilei Zhang, Aiqin Wang, Lin Li, Hua Wang, Xiaodong Wang, Tao Zhang*,Performance of Cu-Alloyed Pd Single-Atom Catalyst for Semihydrogenation of Acetylene under Simulated Front-End Conditions, ACS Catal., 7 (2017) 1491−1500.
3. H. Wei, X.Y. Liu (co-first author), A. Wang*, L. Zhang, B. Qiao, X. Yang, Y. Huang, S. Miao, J. Liu*, T. Zhang*, FeOx-supported platinum single-atom and pseudo-single-atom catalysts for chemoselective hydrogenation of functionalized nitroarenes, Nat Commun, 5 (2014) 5634.
4. X.Y. Liu, A.Q. Wang, T. Zhang*, C.Y. Mou*, Catalysis by gold: New insights into the support effect, Nano Today, 8 (2013) 403-416.
5. X.Y. Liu, M.H. Liu, Y.C. Luo, C.Y. Mou*, S.D. Lin, H. Cheng, J.M. Chen, J.F. Lee, T.S. Lin, Strong Metal-Support Interactions Between Gold Nanoparticles and ZnO Nanorods in CO Oxidation, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134 (2012) 10251-10258.
6. X.Y. Liu, A.Q. Wang, L. Li, T. Zhang*, C.Y. Mou*, J.F. Lee, Structural changes of Au-Cu bimetallic catalysts in CO oxidation: In situ XRD, EPR, XANES, and FT-IR characterizations, J. Catal., 278 (2011) 288-296.(Top 25 hottest articles)
7. X.Y. Liu, A.Q. Wang, X.F. Yang, T. Zhang*, C.Y. Mou, D.S. Su, J. Li, Synthesis of Thermally Stable and Highly Active Bimetallic Au-Ag Nanoparticles on Inert Supports, Chem. Mater., 21 (2009) 410-418. (Cover story)
<8. X.Y. Liu, A.Q. Wang, X.D. Wang, C.Y. Mou, T. Zhang*, Au-Cu Alloy nanoparticles confined in SBA-15 as a highly efficient catalyst for CO oxidation, Chem. Commun., (2008) 3187-3189. (Nature China highlight)