2007.9-Present Professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2001.9-2007.8 Associate Professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
1999.12-2001.8 Assistant professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2011.6-2011.7 Visiting Professor, Institute of Chemistry of Mediums and Materials of Poitiers, University of Poitiers, France (Prof. Charles KAPPENSTEIN)
2004.2-2004.6 Senior Visiting Scholar, School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, UK (Prof. Graham J. HUTCHINGS)
1998.8-1998.12 Research Assistant, Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (Prof. K. C. TIN)
1995.9-1999.12 Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS (Prof. Dongbai LIANG)
1992.9-1995.7 M.S. in Inorganic Chemistry Engineering, Dalian University of Technology (Prof. Bingling LV, Prof. Guiling NING)
1988.9-1992.7 B.S. in Inorganic Chemistry Engineering, Dalian University of Technology
☆ Heterogeneous catalysis, particularly associating with high energy compounds, e.g., nitrous oxide, hydrogen peroxide.
☆ Synthesis of high performance fuel via hydrogenation, organic synthesis, etc.
☆ Catalytic decomposition of hydrocarbons.
1. Shuang Liu, Yu Cong, Yanqiang Huang, Xiangyun Zhao, Tao Zhang, TiO2 Promoted Ir/Al2O3 Catalysts for Direct Decomposition of N2O. Catalysis Today, (2011) 175:264–270.
2. Xiangyun Zhao, Yu Cong, Yanqiang Huang, Shuang Liu, Xiaodong Wang, Tao Zhang. Rhodium supported on silica-stabilized alumina for catalytic decomposition of N2O. Catalysis Letters, (2011) 141:128–135.
3. Xiangyun Zhao, Yu Cong, Fei Lv, Lin Li, Xiaodong Wang, Tao Zhang. Mullite-supported Rh catalyst: a promising catalyst for the decomposition of N2O propellant. Chemical Communications, 2010; 46, 3028－3030.
4. Benjamin Solsona, Marco Conte, Yu Cong, Albert Carley and Graham Hutchings. Unexpected promotion of Au/TiO2 by nitrate for CO oxidation. Chemical Communications, 2005, 2351–2353.
5. Yu Cong, Tao Zhang, Tao Li, Jiwen Sun, Xiaodong Wang, Lei Ma, Dongbai Liang and Liwu Lin. Propulsive Performance of a Hypergolic H2O2/Kerosene Bipropellant. Journal of Propulsion and Power, 2004, 20: 83-87.